If you can cope with the ZOTAC ZBOXHD-ID34BR's rather underwhelming benchmarks, you're getting a very usable, very compact HTPC with integrated Blu-ray playback for $500. While you can get a PlayStation 3 for a bit cheaper, the ZBOX is much smaller and offers far more flexibility as far as running different media servers and support for Flash-based video. This actually would make an excellent choice as an HTPC for your bedroom or office TV.
Small and handsomely designed, it will fit in just about anywhere you decide to use it. USB 3.0 connectivity and an eSATA port offer plenty of options for expanded storage or playing media from a thumb drive or external platter drive. However, given the relative scarcity of ports, we think an integrated remote control would be an excellent thing for ZOTAC to add to this system.
Overall, the HD-ID34BR performed better than the HD-ID11 we reviewed back in September, but only just. With such a small size, relatively low cost and full feature set, you will have to give up something, and that something in this case is processing power.
But if you're looking for small HTPC and don't require much in the way of lightning fast encoding, the ZOTAC ZBOXHD-ID34BR is well worth a look.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Closer Look at the ZBOXHD-ID34BR-U]
- Page 3 [General Hands-On Usage and Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 64-bit]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve CEO teases Half-Life 3 to release in next '4-5 years'
- To get into Mortal Kombat 11 closed beta you'll have to pay
- Facebook will use new AI technology to remove 'revenge porn'
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, step into the combat of a shinobi
- Google's game service lets you piggyback off streamers saves
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Dirt Rally Driver HD the successful mobile game is now available in PC for free
- Super Phantom Cat, a Retro Platformer is Launching on Nintendo Switch March 21st
- Turtle Beach Unveils Its All-New Recon 70 Series Gaming Headsets
- Sacrifices, demons and emperors of Elmoraden
- Lilith Games Rebrands Rise of Civilizations to Rise of Kingdoms