The OCZ Technology RevoDrive X2
From the PCIe connector signals are routed through a Pericom PCI-X bridge chip. From there the signal goes to a Silicon Image Sil3124 RAID controller. This setup allowed OCZ to keep the cost down while still being able to deliver very high data transfer speeds. As we have mentioned already, there are four SandForce SF-1200 controllers; two on the base card and two on the daughter board. OCZ chose Intel NAND flash memory, the same used in the Vertex 2 drives that we rave about from time to time.
Our test system picked up the RevoDrive X2 as a bootable RAID controller and we were able to install Windows on the drive after loading the Silicon Image drivers during the installation process. Since the RevoDrive X2 is based on the Silicon Image RAID controller, you have the option to go into the RAID management BIOS and configure the card several different ways. In the BIOS you can change the stripe size, use RAID 0, RAID 1 or JBOD with what would then appear as four separate 60GB SSDs. Some users may take advantage of this and use RAID 0 on three drives and use a single drive to load Windows on. The stripe size could then be used exclusively for installing programs on which would keep your Windows files separate from your installed programs.
The back side of the RevoDrive X2 is fairly uneventful other than another large block of Intel flash.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1's Operation Campaigns are now FREE
- LG's G7 development halted, LG starting over from scratch
- Super Meat Boy is a success on Switch
- Final Fantasy XV on PC will support mods
- Final Fantasy XV PC specs, release date announced
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series