Fit and Finish
As I began to assemble things for testing, I ran into the one and only issue. With both chrome barbs in the Apogee CPU block the nylon clamps that are sent with the kit don't fit, the barbs are simply too close together for them to fit. To solve this issue as soon as possible, I added a Bitspower fitting to raise the other barb a bit, which allowed me to clamp both barbs. Shortly after I found this issue, I got a random phone call from Gabe at Swiftech, and we both had a laugh about the issue, and he said my sample was early, the new kits have a solution.
In order to solve the issue of the thick nylon clamps not being able to both fit in the limited spacing, Swiftech sent me the solution. What I received was a pair of black, steel, screw-drive clamps. I have used these in other loops and never had an issue with them; they are the perfect solution to solve that issue.
On the opposite end of the tubing, you have a pair of barbs and with the offset of height, the nylon clamps are a perfect fit. To set the clamps on both ends, I simply squeezed them by hand and primed the loop. After running the loop for a bit, I found there was no leaks and I was ready to get to testing on the TECC we love to abuse coolers with.
I installed the H2O-320 Edge kit to the back of a 600T. Reasoning behind this is that for one, you can see the unit installed on a chassis and get a much better feel for the size of the unit as well as how clean the loop looks when completed. Secondly, as you are about to see, the H2O-320 kit was a bit much for our TEC, and I got some real world results in this configuration as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- Microsoft make 'positive changes' for Xbox at E3 this year
- Phison's E12 controller featured at CES 2018
- Toshiba's new SSD line-up featured at CES 2018
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series