Fit and Finish
As I began to assemble things for testing, I ran into the one and only issue. With both chrome barbs in the Apogee CPU block the nylon clamps that are sent with the kit don't fit, the barbs are simply too close together for them to fit. To solve this issue as soon as possible, I added a Bitspower fitting to raise the other barb a bit, which allowed me to clamp both barbs. Shortly after I found this issue, I got a random phone call from Gabe at Swiftech, and we both had a laugh about the issue, and he said my sample was early, the new kits have a solution.
In order to solve the issue of the thick nylon clamps not being able to both fit in the limited spacing, Swiftech sent me the solution. What I received was a pair of black, steel, screw-drive clamps. I have used these in other loops and never had an issue with them; they are the perfect solution to solve that issue.
On the opposite end of the tubing, you have a pair of barbs and with the offset of height, the nylon clamps are a perfect fit. To set the clamps on both ends, I simply squeezed them by hand and primed the loop. After running the loop for a bit, I found there was no leaks and I was ready to get to testing on the TECC we love to abuse coolers with.
I installed the H2O-320 Edge kit to the back of a 600T. Reasoning behind this is that for one, you can see the unit installed on a chassis and get a much better feel for the size of the unit as well as how clean the loop looks when completed. Secondly, as you are about to see, the H2O-320 kit was a bit much for our TEC, and I got some real world results in this configuration as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Why consoles are so important to big publishers
- Ex-BioWare boss wants to revitalize RPGs
- GTA 6 microtransactions likely, should follow GTA Online
- PUBG Corp made $920 million in 2018, 85% of cash from PC
- Take-Two CEO gets bonuses based on microtransaction earnings
- B450 Aorus Elite won't recognize Windows USB stick.
- [H270M-ITX/ac] Cannot POST with PCIE NIC card
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!