The H2O-320 Edge Series Liquid Cooling Kit
The first thing in the package you will run into is a very thorough and well illustrated installation book. This will get you through all of your questions during assembly and the installation of the kit. Along with the paper version of the instructions you will find a CD with 3D renderings of the suggested setups, and various ways to install the system. These renderings include layouts of the tubing with the CPU block that is included as well as ones with GPU blocks added.
Next we find the box that contains the Apogee XTL. Basically this is the same black as the XT, but with a Delrin top, and the lack of the reversible inlet/outlet plate for the bigger compression fittings.
The top of the XTL is definitely made of black Delrin and has G ¼ threads in the top. This block features a 250 micro-pin matrix design on the inside, and comes with the LGA1366 back plate installed on the block.
The base of the Apogee XTL is made of copper and very flat. The surface is lapped to a near perfect shine, as you can see by the reflection of the USB drive.
You will find six foot of ½" I.D, ¾" O.D, clear tubing included in the kit, and even if you plan to add a GPU block or two, this is plenty of tubing. Along with the tubing, Swiftech includes a 20z bottle of HydrX anti-microbial and anti-fungal additive and a funnel for easy filling once the kit is together.
At the bottom of the outer box, you will find another box that holds the radiator and assembled components. The fans, wiring, and radiator/pump/reservoir combo is shipped in a cloth sleeve to keep minor abrasions to a minimum and deliver a shiny and perfect product. At the left you will see that there is an included bag with two ½" barbs and two black nylon clamps.
Once the cloth sleeve is removed, you can see Swiftech took all the work out of the assembly of the radiator and fans too. The fans are oriented to give you the most length of the wiring to connect inside the PC, and grills are mounted to protect your fingers from any mishaps.
On this end of the MCR320 radiator, Swiftech takes a MCP35X pump and mounts it directly to the bottom of the radiator. This pump comes with a 12V Molex Connection for its power source, but with the use of the 4-pin connection, you can plug it into the motherboard for finite control of the pump voltage, or allow for PWM control. During the shipping, white plastic inserts are placed in the inlet on the radiator and the outlet on the pump. This protects the threads and will make sure leaks aren't caused by something messing with the threads.
Swiftech only supplies three 81 CFM fans to push into the radiator. There is still the option to move them to this side or add another three fans for even better performance than what you are going to see here in a couple of pages.
At the top of the radiator, Swiftech made a larger header to use as the reservoir and added two ways to fill the radiator. With one hole at the top, the hole allows you to fill it if it hangs on the back of your case, and the other is for filling the system if it is hanging in the roof of your case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS ROG Swift PG27UQ: 4K 144Hz G-Sync goes on pre-order
- The Crew 2 system requirements revealed: doesn't need much
- DICE teams with NVIDIA for Battlefield V on the PC
- ASUS is giving away its ROG Swift PG27UQ: 4K 144Hz G-Sync
- Battlefield V should be monetized via cosmetics
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit