Installation and Finished Product
The test subject! This is my vanilla EVGA GTX 470 1280MB card and we will be stripping off this stock cooler and installing the AC Accelero in just a few short steps.
After removal of the stock cooler and preparing the card as per the instructions, I went ahead and applied the thermal adhesive to the memory ICs and added the silicon rubber covering the voltage regulators. Now we just need to get the heatsinks on.
The memory heatsinks require a bit if pressure to set the heatsink well. The instructions say to keep pressure for a certain length of time and then to wait for an hour for the epoxy to fully set. I added the plate for the voltage circuitry and was screwing it in and heard a bit of a crunch. Come to find out, I was actually bottoming out the plate on a few resistors. Be careful when you apply yours as to not damage any of the taller components on the PCB.
To mount the plate, all you need are the three washers and screws and a Phillip's screwdriver. The heatsink is open in the middle to allow the fans to blow air through the factory holes in the 470s PCB. Any way to get rid of extra heat on these cards is of benefit, so I am happy to see additions such as this.
Mounting the XTREME plus to the card was a breeze. With the pre-applied compound I just grabbed the set of four screws and washers and got the cooler into place with no clearance issues with any of the memory heatsinks that I have found on other coolers.
The length of this cooler is no joke, and in some mid towers this may not even fit in your case. As you can see, it dwarfs the length of my 470 and is even a bit longer than the GTX 480. When looking for room to improve cooling capabilities, since they are already using three slots, the only place to go was out the end of the card.
Here is what the Arctic Cooling Accelero XTREME Plus will look when it is installed in your machine.
If it wasn't so apparent before, you can see that bracket is hovering well over one slot higher than the fans are sitting.
I just wanted to end things with a glamour shot of the Arctic Cooling Accelero XTREME Plus.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel reportedly 'kills off' its upcoming 10nm process
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- Agony Unrated is 90% off to Agony owners, releases Oct 31st
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam