Installation and Finished Product
The test subject! This is my vanilla EVGA GTX 470 1280MB card and we will be stripping off this stock cooler and installing the AC Accelero in just a few short steps.
After removal of the stock cooler and preparing the card as per the instructions, I went ahead and applied the thermal adhesive to the memory ICs and added the silicon rubber covering the voltage regulators. Now we just need to get the heatsinks on.
The memory heatsinks require a bit if pressure to set the heatsink well. The instructions say to keep pressure for a certain length of time and then to wait for an hour for the epoxy to fully set. I added the plate for the voltage circuitry and was screwing it in and heard a bit of a crunch. Come to find out, I was actually bottoming out the plate on a few resistors. Be careful when you apply yours as to not damage any of the taller components on the PCB.
To mount the plate, all you need are the three washers and screws and a Phillip's screwdriver. The heatsink is open in the middle to allow the fans to blow air through the factory holes in the 470s PCB. Any way to get rid of extra heat on these cards is of benefit, so I am happy to see additions such as this.
Mounting the XTREME plus to the card was a breeze. With the pre-applied compound I just grabbed the set of four screws and washers and got the cooler into place with no clearance issues with any of the memory heatsinks that I have found on other coolers.
The length of this cooler is no joke, and in some mid towers this may not even fit in your case. As you can see, it dwarfs the length of my 470 and is even a bit longer than the GTX 480. When looking for room to improve cooling capabilities, since they are already using three slots, the only place to go was out the end of the card.
Here is what the Arctic Cooling Accelero XTREME Plus will look when it is installed in your machine.
If it wasn't so apparent before, you can see that bracket is hovering well over one slot higher than the fans are sitting.
I just wanted to end things with a glamour shot of the Arctic Cooling Accelero XTREME Plus.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Resident Evil 2 supports ultrawide monitors
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media