The Arctic Cooling Accelero XTREME Plus VGA Cooler
With the plastic packaging removed we can start to get a really good look at what the XTREME Plus has to offer. Most obviously are the three 92mm fans attached to the black shroud cooling this long array of fins. The pipes travel out of the base in both directions passing through eighteen fins on the left side and sixty-six fins to the right.
Orienting the cooler as it would be installed, you see the logo from Arctic Cooling will display nicely on the open side of your card. Included with the fans and shroud is a 4-pin fan header that will fit into the stock connection on the card. Removing the shroud for cleaning is as simple as releasing a few tabs as you see on this side.
Each of the three 92mm fans use eleven curved blades to deliver a total of 81CFM of airflow to the fins and the components on the PCB that need cooled. Two of the fans split the area right over the GPU, and the third fan blows down on the PWM area of most cards.
The top two fans split the heat load that gets delivered to the aluminum pre-cooler between the groups of fins. The per-cooler is soldered to the pipes which are also soldered to the copper base. The base of the cooler is shipped with pre-applied MX-4 and is ready to go on any of the specified cards on the package.
You can see there is a very substantial base to this cooler, and while the copper isn't milled to a mirror finish, when I ran the razor around the edges I found they are very flat. There is a bit of deflection at the last 1.5mm of the edge and the corners, but near the TIM, and as I tested again later without the interface material, the middle of the base is very true. If you do need a separate mounting kit, simply remove these two screws and swap out the plates, then replace the screws. You can also get an idea of the shape of the thick aluminum pre-cooler. I would have gotten an image from the top, but all you see are the tops of the fins in an opposing direction to the fins on the heatpipes.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to 'revive' a 'very officially cancelled' game
- PlayStation VR changes will be 'dramatic' over next 10 years
- Apple rumored to be working on 31.6-inch 6K display
- Metro Exodus dev talks ray tracing on next-gen consoles
- Star Citizen dev says ray tracing is 'a massive headache'
- Best reminder app
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- Explore a World of Ancient Chinese Mythology!
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America's Post EVO Japan Fighting Game News Round-up
- Million Arthur: Arcana Blood Coming To Steam This Summer
- Rising Lords announces alpha launch via new trailer
- Zombie-Veggie Shooter, The Walking Vegetables Radical! Edition Coming Soon to PS4!