Test System & Test Results
With a 26°C ambient temperature, I went about testing the Lenovo with and without the SF-19. To monitor the temperatures I used Core Temp 0.99.7. To stress test I used Prime95 in "blend" mode for the first pass of tests. While I could leave the test to run longer, I find the twenty minutes or so it takes to get through the first seven tests is plenty of time to heat things up.
The idle or "low" temperature is obtained after turning the laptop off and rebooting, waiting ten minutes, and then I open Core Temp. I allow it to sit for just a couple minutes more to settle out at the lowest temperature. I then commence testing with Prime95 and once the first set of testing is complete I took a screen capture to show my results.
This is the Lenovo results without the SF-19. As with all of the other reviews, we see it is still topping out at 78°C and keeps an idle of 41°.
Once I set the Lenovo on the SF-19 and got my first look at Core Temp, I was very pleased with the 33° idle temperature. I was even more pleased to see the SF-19 could take a full 6° off of my load temperatures and beat out the Antec NC 200, which used to be the best performer, by two degrees leaving me with a 72°C load temperature. Not only did I get a great drop in CPU temperatures, my hard drive doesn't run near as warm, as my left hand doesn't heat up when I use my laptop anymore. If I had a GPU worth testing on, I'm sure benefits would be found there as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Delve into madness with new Call of Cthulhu gameplay trailer
- Diablo III for Switch: confirmed no inclusion of Link gear
- Super Mario Party for Switch - 80 minigames, launch trailer
- Windows 10 Pro for $12 and Rise of the Tomb Raider for $8.54
- PUBG's new update includes ranking system and SO MUCH MORE
- DLink HD Wi-Fi Camera 8300LH Review
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games