Test System & Test Results
With a 26°C ambient temperature, I went about testing the Lenovo with and without the SF-19. To monitor the temperatures I used Core Temp 0.99.7. To stress test I used Prime95 in "blend" mode for the first pass of tests. While I could leave the test to run longer, I find the twenty minutes or so it takes to get through the first seven tests is plenty of time to heat things up.
The idle or "low" temperature is obtained after turning the laptop off and rebooting, waiting ten minutes, and then I open Core Temp. I allow it to sit for just a couple minutes more to settle out at the lowest temperature. I then commence testing with Prime95 and once the first set of testing is complete I took a screen capture to show my results.
This is the Lenovo results without the SF-19. As with all of the other reviews, we see it is still topping out at 78°C and keeps an idle of 41°.
Once I set the Lenovo on the SF-19 and got my first look at Core Temp, I was very pleased with the 33° idle temperature. I was even more pleased to see the SF-19 could take a full 6° off of my load temperatures and beat out the Antec NC 200, which used to be the best performer, by two degrees leaving me with a 72°C load temperature. Not only did I get a great drop in CPU temperatures, my hard drive doesn't run near as warm, as my left hand doesn't heat up when I use my laptop anymore. If I had a GPU worth testing on, I'm sure benefits would be found there as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel will wave goodbye to legacy BIOS support in 2020
- iMac Pro will feature A10 chip for always-on 'Hey Siri'
- EA stock prices see the dark side of Battlefront II issues
- Canadian grocery chain the first with Tesla Semi truck order
- HTC unveils new Hyper Blaster for VR will make Nintendo mad
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ