The Sabertooth was about as easy as any motherboard to get setup and running. We had no issues installing Windows with our USB flash drive as we have on a few other boards (although most of them turned out to be an issue with our KVM). We do have a complaint that is not limited to ASUS, though. For some reason most system BIOSes will default to having the HDD become drive 0 over the SSD. This is even if the SSD is attached to SATA port 1 (or 0 in some cases). This means that when you install Windows, even if you tell it to install on the SSD it will put the boot partition (about 100MB) on the HDD as it is drive 0.
I wish that boards would not do that, as the SSD is becoming more common and should be allowed to take the Drive 0 position. Other than that one complaint (which again I will say is not limited to ASUS), we found the installation to be very simple.
ASUS does have one of the better installers available, although I wish they would extend the InstallAll to allow you to include some of the utilities. This would get them all out of the way at once.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Razer release two new headsets to the Hammerhead range
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- GIGABYTE announces Aorus K9 optical switch gaming keyboard
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ