The Sabertooth was about as easy as any motherboard to get setup and running. We had no issues installing Windows with our USB flash drive as we have on a few other boards (although most of them turned out to be an issue with our KVM). We do have a complaint that is not limited to ASUS, though. For some reason most system BIOSes will default to having the HDD become drive 0 over the SSD. This is even if the SSD is attached to SATA port 1 (or 0 in some cases). This means that when you install Windows, even if you tell it to install on the SSD it will put the boot partition (about 100MB) on the HDD as it is drive 0.
I wish that boards would not do that, as the SSD is becoming more common and should be allowed to take the Drive 0 position. Other than that one complaint (which again I will say is not limited to ASUS), we found the installation to be very simple.
ASUS does have one of the better installers available, although I wish they would extend the InstallAll to allow you to include some of the utilities. This would get them all out of the way at once.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- Resident Evil 2 remake: RE7 engine, 4K 60FPS on PS4 Pro
- Fortnite made almost $300 million in April
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit