The Sabertooth was about as easy as any motherboard to get setup and running. We had no issues installing Windows with our USB flash drive as we have on a few other boards (although most of them turned out to be an issue with our KVM). We do have a complaint that is not limited to ASUS, though. For some reason most system BIOSes will default to having the HDD become drive 0 over the SSD. This is even if the SSD is attached to SATA port 1 (or 0 in some cases). This means that when you install Windows, even if you tell it to install on the SSD it will put the boot partition (about 100MB) on the HDD as it is drive 0.
I wish that boards would not do that, as the SSD is becoming more common and should be allowed to take the Drive 0 position. Other than that one complaint (which again I will say is not limited to ASUS), we found the installation to be very simple.
ASUS does have one of the better installers available, although I wish they would extend the InstallAll to allow you to include some of the utilities. This would get them all out of the way at once.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Civilization VI: Gathering Storm - Biggest Civ Expansion yet
- Marvel's Spider-Man: 'Turf Wars' DLC released, new trailer
- Amazon Japan has $650+ Smash UItimate Amiibo set available
- Warframe makes its way to the Nintendo Switch, available now
- Overview trailer released for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- The computer always restarts
- X79 Extreme11 NVMe - PLEASE HELP
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- olloclip Introduces Add-On Lens Clips for Apple's Newest iPhones
- ROCCAT celebrates website relaunch with fantastic deals
- QNAP Launches the Mustang-200 Computing Accelerator Card
- Manli announces GeForce RTX 2080 Ti & GeForce RTX 2070
- Stunning New Character Strikes Her Way into DEAD OR ALIVE 6