The Build and Finished Product
Installing a drive into the tray is really simple. Just release the two tabs on both sides and set the drive in. Then you just align the holes in the drive with the pins on the back of the tabs and press the tabs into the locked position. From here, all you have to do is slide the tray back into the rack until it clicks and locks into place.
The plan here was to try to use either the Vantage ALC or the H70 inside the case for this build. What I found was that it was too big for this case. While I could have rigged it into the optical drive bays, I was disappointed that the cooler wouldn't fit in any of the three obvious choices. The rest of the build went very well, and it does produce a clean looking finished product on the inside.
Behind the motherboard tray I was able to make some rather large groups of wires run right down the center and the panel went back on with very little effort. A modular power supply does definitely help in a chassis like this, but there are a couple places you can hide wires if they go unused in your setup.
Powered up, the entire case if filled with the glow of blue LEDs. From every angle of the chassis you can see this lighting. The lighting isn't really purple as this image seems to show, it's a side effect of the DSLR and a bit of over exposure.
Once the door panel goes back on the Arvina, the design and the venting that goes around it both glow with the LED lighting from the pair of 80mm fans.
From the front, not only the vented area at the bottom in front of the fan glows from the blue LEDs. With my build and only one optical drive installed, the top and rear fans make the top half show even more lighting. I would have thought that the "usual" blue LEDs has been a bit over done at this point. What I found is that it makes for a very attractive combination to the exterior coloring, and has me sold on the idea.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Resident Evil 2 remake PC requirements announced
- Gears of War 5 on PC scales incredibly well, up to 120FPS
- Red Dead Redemption 2 may come to PC
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY Global, just $12.32
- Nintendo and Microsoft take a 'cross-play' jab at Sony
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and Ryzen 5 2600 Review
- Best SSD For Gaming: Over 120 SSDs Tested!
- Vampyr Review: Bloody Rare
- ASROCK X370 and MB STICKS
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit