The Intel Pentium 4 processor is still new and far too expensive for most consumer level users because of the upgrades you are forced to make when upgrading to the new processor. Already, Global Win a company known for producing top quality heatsinks for all types of processors have released one of the first heatsinks to the market designed solely for the new Intel Pentium 4 (Socket-423) processor with official support up to 1.5Ghz. The Intel Pentium 4 is already a fast processor even though all it's new instructions are not yet utilized fully. We were lent an Intel Pentium 4 1.5Ghz system from Intel Australia to review for a couple months (quite frankly there'd be no chance of me buying a Pentium 4 at the moment, considering the cost), using this new Global Win heatsink we were able to clock the processor up to 1.6Ghz (1600MHz for the uneducated) after gaining access to what I thought was a locked BIOS on the Intel Desktop Board D850GB motherboard. Unfortunately, this was the only Pentium 4 motherboard we had to test with the Global Win heatsink to see how high we could clock up the Pentium 4 processor. Possibly, with a different motherboard based on the Intel 850 chipset we could have reached higher clock speeds, this is yet to be proved. Anyway, in the "labs" today we have the new Global Win P4 heatsink...
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit