The Intel Pentium 4 processor is still new and far too expensive for most consumer level users because of the upgrades you are forced to make when upgrading to the new processor. Already, Global Win a company known for producing top quality heatsinks for all types of processors have released one of the first heatsinks to the market designed solely for the new Intel Pentium 4 (Socket-423) processor with official support up to 1.5Ghz. The Intel Pentium 4 is already a fast processor even though all it's new instructions are not yet utilized fully. We were lent an Intel Pentium 4 1.5Ghz system from Intel Australia to review for a couple months (quite frankly there'd be no chance of me buying a Pentium 4 at the moment, considering the cost), using this new Global Win heatsink we were able to clock the processor up to 1.6Ghz (1600MHz for the uneducated) after gaining access to what I thought was a locked BIOS on the Intel Desktop Board D850GB motherboard. Unfortunately, this was the only Pentium 4 motherboard we had to test with the Global Win heatsink to see how high we could clock up the Pentium 4 processor. Possibly, with a different motherboard based on the Intel 850 chipset we could have reached higher clock speeds, this is yet to be proved. Anyway, in the "labs" today we have the new Global Win P4 heatsink...
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel reportedly 'kills off' its upcoming 10nm process
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- Agony Unrated is 90% off to Agony owners, releases Oct 31st
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam