Working with the X58 Extreme6 was pretty simple. The layout is clean enough that we had no issues getting everything setup and installed. The only problem that I personally had with the system was the sheer amount of shovelware that comes with the full installer. For some reason it pushed a ton of items onto the desktop. Even at 1920x1080 resolution we had a full column of icons right from a fresh install! Some of these do not need to be desktop icons at all.
We also were not happy to find that much of the "value" bundle only comprised demos or trial versions of software. I hate to say it, but the installation of something that has limited use is not a value; it is much more of an annoyance. True, there are a lot of items there, but I would rather have one full version of a really good piece of software than five trial versions.
Most consumers are going to feel the same way, so I think ASRock could do better here. After we got past the issues with the shovelware and bundled software, we quickly had things moving.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path to Mnemosyne announced to debut to the Nintendo Switch
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion countdown date
- God of War Special Edition runes translated, see the truth
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia new cinematic trailer
- Netflix's The Witcher TV show confirms 8 ep first season
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit