The Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB HDD
Here we get our first look at the Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB HDD. As far as hard drives go the layout is a traditional 3.5" form factor. Western Digital includes a bit of information on the drive's label like capacity size and even the amount of cache.
The 3TB Caviar Green uses a small PCB that has the components mounted so they face the drive. This keeps all of those little surface mount components secure and safe from harm when relocating the drive from one system to another.
On the connection side of the drive we found standard SATA power and data ports.
Western Digital also used the standard mounting configuration for a 3.5" form factor drive.
Western Digital is shipping a Highpoint Rocket 620 with each 2.5 and 3TB Caviar Green at launch. At a later date consumers will be able to find these drives without the included Highpoint HBA, but prices should be about the same.
The Highpoint Rocket 620 HBA uses a Marvell chip and has two SATA ports. The card interfaces with your system through a PCIe 1x slot; most users have a few of these available already, but if you don't have a 1x specific slot open you can use any PCIe connector that is free in your system.
The back of the Rocket is pretty straight forward. It should be noted that this is the Rocket model and not the RocketRAID version that allows for RAID configurations.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Stardew Valley was the most downloaded Switch game in 2017
- Vive Pro's recommended PC specs may get bumped up
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Games industry may make $170 billion in 2018, firm predicts
- GIGABYTE release new Gemini Lake based J/N motherboards
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series