In conclusion, ATi has gone all out to prove to everyone that a new king has been crowned when it comes to graphic cards. It has out performed its rivals in almost every benchmark (other the Comanche 4) and has slaughtered them in terms of AF/AA.
How much does this card retail for? It retails at a quite pricey MSRP US$399. This is the only down fall to this superb card. Unless you have $400 just lying around, don't even think of purchasing this card.
Is it worth it? Myself, as an enthusiast, would definitely say it's worth it. It gives me all the performance I dreamed of in a graphics card. You get the best performance, awesome 2D quality and even Video output features. This is the card you want in your so-called "bad-ass" rig.
Is it worth it for the occasional gamer? It's not at all worth it. Think of it this way, if you are an occasional gamer who plays at 800x600, do you really even need this card? Why couldn't you settle for a budget card? ATi also provides budget based cards for those who don't have that much loose change in there pockets and who only play games every once and while (Card such as the ATi Radeon 9000 Pro).
ATi has definitely put their foot down in the graphics market. How long will it last though? That is a question that can only be truly answered by the only rival that ATi has...nVidia. So everyone enjoy these couple months of glory and expect a war when 2003 comes along.
Great Visual Quality
Awesome AF/AA performance
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ATi 9700 Pro - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ATi 9700 Pro - Page 2 [Specifications]
- ATi 9700 Pro - Page 3 [Architecture]
- ATi 9700 Pro - Page 4 [The Visual Aspect]
- ATi 9700 Pro - Page 5 [Video Aspect]
- ATi 9700 Pro - Page 6 [Packaging/Layout]
- ATi 9700 Pro - Page 7 [Testing]
- ATi 9700 Pro - Page 8 [AA/AF Performance]
- ATi 9700 Pro - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard