The ineo Technology USB 3.0 External HDD Module
Here we see the entire package laid out. As mentioned previously, there is a small adapter module, USB 3.0 cable and a pouch that holds the drive and module.
To keep the module small a mini USB 3.0 plug was used. You connect this side to your PC.
Your SATA 2.5" hard drive connects to this side. Since USB 3.0 has more power than USB 2.0, you will be fine using this product with any USB 3.0 port. Things start to get sketchy when dealing with USB 2.0 and some 2.5" platter drives may have issues when using this product with USB 2.0 ports.
This last week I observed a situation similar and the drive would not work correctly when connected to a Dell desktop system.
Here we see one of our Crucial RealSSD C300 256GB drives attached to the ineo module.
Above we see the entire system put together with the drive and module inside the pouch. You get around 10 inches of cable. Until we see more front mounted USB 3.0 connectors, this length will mean users have to reach around their case to plug the drive in to get USB 3.0 connectivity.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit