The ineo Technology USB 3.0 External HDD Module
Here we see the entire package laid out. As mentioned previously, there is a small adapter module, USB 3.0 cable and a pouch that holds the drive and module.
To keep the module small a mini USB 3.0 plug was used. You connect this side to your PC.
Your SATA 2.5" hard drive connects to this side. Since USB 3.0 has more power than USB 2.0, you will be fine using this product with any USB 3.0 port. Things start to get sketchy when dealing with USB 2.0 and some 2.5" platter drives may have issues when using this product with USB 2.0 ports.
This last week I observed a situation similar and the drive would not work correctly when connected to a Dell desktop system.
Here we see one of our Crucial RealSSD C300 256GB drives attached to the ineo module.
Above we see the entire system put together with the drive and module inside the pouch. You get around 10 inches of cable. Until we see more front mounted USB 3.0 connectors, this length will mean users have to reach around their case to plug the drive in to get USB 3.0 connectivity.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard