The HS1 from Corsair is a great headset at a really impressive price point. There's no other way to put it. Combining some excellent material choice with first grade construction make this a discerning choice for all media buffs far and wide before any audio is played at all.
Once the HS1 gets going, though, be prepared for some truly first class audio thanks to some well chosen and spec'd driver units that have a nice high resolution digital characteristic that sounds very controlled and nicely balanced across the mid range and high end, and with well controlled deep bass that never interferes.
Surround systems that come from only two actual speakers will have nay Sayers until the end of time. It's just that sort of a thing that seems to split people in either direction. We think it can be done to a very convincing level with the correct hardware choice and from our tests it seems as though Corsair has made a headset that's high enough spec to make good on Dolby Headphone.
Just when we were thinking how difficult it would be to produce a headset that makes a big splash, we get a small tsunami from Corsair that has only one real competitor in our minds when it comes to sheer all around quality and that is the Razer Megalodon. The thing is, though, when we covered them last year they cost the best part of $300 AUD which makes them roughly $200 more than the HS1; ouch! - This is probably the deal clincher right there for most 'economically sane' people, we think.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GeForce 411.63 drivers ready for GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti
- Halo 6 won't have real money lootboxes, 343i confirms
- Switch's split D-pad makes NES gaming frustrating
- Switch Online NES: save states, visual modes and more
- Red Dead Online mirrors GTA Online, has story co-op and PVP
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- All-New Goal Zero Sherpa 100AC Power Pack Available Now
- HIIT Me Baby One More Time: Daily Burn Releases Fat and Calorie Burning App
- Silver Dollar Games Announces One Finger Death Punch 2
- Full Steam Ahead For New Star Manager
- TwelveSky2: The Limitless OBT announcement