The HS1 from Corsair is a great headset at a really impressive price point. There's no other way to put it. Combining some excellent material choice with first grade construction make this a discerning choice for all media buffs far and wide before any audio is played at all.
Once the HS1 gets going, though, be prepared for some truly first class audio thanks to some well chosen and spec'd driver units that have a nice high resolution digital characteristic that sounds very controlled and nicely balanced across the mid range and high end, and with well controlled deep bass that never interferes.
Surround systems that come from only two actual speakers will have nay Sayers until the end of time. It's just that sort of a thing that seems to split people in either direction. We think it can be done to a very convincing level with the correct hardware choice and from our tests it seems as though Corsair has made a headset that's high enough spec to make good on Dolby Headphone.
Just when we were thinking how difficult it would be to produce a headset that makes a big splash, we get a small tsunami from Corsair that has only one real competitor in our minds when it comes to sheer all around quality and that is the Razer Megalodon. The thing is, though, when we covered them last year they cost the best part of $300 AUD which makes them roughly $200 more than the HS1; ouch! - This is probably the deal clincher right there for most 'economically sane' people, we think.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo and Microsoft take a 'cross-play' jab at Sony
- Rare does Sea of Thieves 'roundtable' meeting at E3 2018
- Steam Summer Sale 2018, two weeks of CRAZY low prices
- Brand new F1 2018 trailer reveals the French Grand Prix
- Samsung teases 8TB NF1 NVMe SSD: PCIe 4.0 with 3GB/sec reads
- Vampyr Review: Bloody Rare
- ASROCK X370 and MB STICKS
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit