The HS1 from Corsair is a great headset at a really impressive price point. There's no other way to put it. Combining some excellent material choice with first grade construction make this a discerning choice for all media buffs far and wide before any audio is played at all.
Once the HS1 gets going, though, be prepared for some truly first class audio thanks to some well chosen and spec'd driver units that have a nice high resolution digital characteristic that sounds very controlled and nicely balanced across the mid range and high end, and with well controlled deep bass that never interferes.
Surround systems that come from only two actual speakers will have nay Sayers until the end of time. It's just that sort of a thing that seems to split people in either direction. We think it can be done to a very convincing level with the correct hardware choice and from our tests it seems as though Corsair has made a headset that's high enough spec to make good on Dolby Headphone.
Just when we were thinking how difficult it would be to produce a headset that makes a big splash, we get a small tsunami from Corsair that has only one real competitor in our minds when it comes to sheer all around quality and that is the Razer Megalodon. The thing is, though, when we covered them last year they cost the best part of $300 AUD which makes them roughly $200 more than the HS1; ouch! - This is probably the deal clincher right there for most 'economically sane' people, we think.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pornhub in 2018: 4403 petabytes of data, 147GB per SECOND
- Samsung's next-gen Galaxy S10 with 1TB storage: $1800?!
- This CRYENGINE project has the best looking graphics EVER
- AMD trademarks Radeon Vega II logo, ready for 7nm Vega 20
- Fortnite was 15th most searched for term on Pornhub in 2018
- Accell Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Pro (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Asrock Z390 Taichi Driver Tipps
- Fallout 76 Review: Atomic Waste
- My Asus TUF FX504GD (a gaming laptop) crashes everytime I launch high end games
- Brain Corp Using NVIDIA Jetson for Latest Robotics Product Powered by BrainOS
- Population Zero Aims To Reimagine The Survival MMO
- Saber Interactive Unleashes New Class Gameplay Trailer For World War Z
- Starbreeze Studios focuses on its core business - internal game development and publishing
- Pearl Abyss, the Creators of Black Desert Online, Setting Its NA Regional Office in Manhattan Beach, CA