Inside The SilverStone SST-SG07B Small Form Factor Chassis
Removing three screws from around the rear edge of the chassis, the three sided cover slides back a bit, and then you can spread the sides a bit and lift it off over the top of the chassis. Now we get a glimpse at the 180mm Air Penetrator, as well as the ST60F, 80 Plus Bronze power supply and wiring.
If you want length or connectivity information for the power supply, please refer to the chart in the specifications section. The rest of the front I/O wiring consists of an AC'97 or HD Audio connection, a USB 2.0 connection, power, HDD activity, and power LED finish up what you need to plug in from the front.
Skipping ahead a bit, I removed the slim optical drive rack and the hard drive rack by removing six screws between them. The Air Penetrator is held in place with three screws and is tied into the rear panel with the switch. For my build I left it attached, but simply removing two more screws will allow the fan to come free of the chassis.
The reset button in the rear has its wiring and needs to be routed with the front I/O connections if you want it to function. In the motherboard tray, the tall risers come mounted into the chassis and do offer a bit of room to tuck excess wires to keep clutter to a minimum in here. The front of the chassis is taken up with the power supply. Depending on the length of the GPU you plan to install has a large impact on the mount of room you have to wire this chassis. This is something you must keep in mind with everything you plan to install.
Spinning the SG07 around, you can see that the front ventilation area in the cover allows the PSU to vent right out the side. Above the PSU is where the hard drive rack sets in those yellow grommets to isolate the SG07 from any vibrations. Along with the second area allowing the motherboard area to breath, the flow inside this SFF chassis is really starting to look promising.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hasselblad's new camera snaps 400-megapixel photos
- Crytek starts sign-ups for Hunt: Showdown closed Alpha
- Windows 10 updates fix bricked AMD-powered PCs
- Activision CEO to leave company
- AI could one day fuel in-game microtransactions
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series