Specifications, Availability and Pricing
If you have already looked at the SG05 or SG06 chassis, this isn't too far off that mark. You have all the conceptual ideas of the chassis, but the SG07 gets stretched to accommodate both larger graphics cards, and the fan included with the SG07 models. There is a windowed version of this chassis, but we will be looking at the all ventilated version today. This is an all steel construction that has every surface painted black. The face of the chassis is made from plastic and holds the front I/O. Around the external drive you will find a panel of brushed aluminum to spruce up the appearance of the SG07. The chassis' small foot print of 220mm wide by 350mm long and only 190mm tall, doesn't take up all that much space at all. The structure of the chassis is very sturdy with all the formed bits of steel mounted to the floor and the face. The cover is flexible, but is meant to be to more easily remove and install it.
To cool the SG07, SilverStone put all their eggs in one basket, or in this case, the 180mm Air Penetrator fan. The chassis specifications don't list the fans specs aside from the 1200 RPM and 34 dBA maximums. Looking a bit deeper, I found more information about the SST-AP181 fan enclosed in the chassis. Not only does it spin relatively slow and with a relatively low noise level, but the AP fan can produce up to 130 CFM and up to 2.45mm H2O of static pressure. Something else to keep in mind; this seven blade fan is also 32mm thick. This allows for more blade size and in return, much better performance over a similar sized fan.
Along with this chassis comes a SST60F, 80 Plus Bronze certified PSU with some pretty solid specifications like a single 46 Amp rail, sleeved wires, and all the connections you can possibly need inside the SG07. All of the wiring for the PSU is long enough to get them all plugged in, but the 670mm length of the 20+4-pin and 8-pin EPS powers connections are almost too long. As for the rest of the wiring, the 350-360mm lengths worked out quite well.
Availability is really limited as I look through the vastness of the interwebs. From what I can gather, the chassis can be located at only four e-tailers without counting some of the auction houses available. With that in mind, price comparisons were pretty easy and I found the SG07 starting at around $200 and moving up. I found the SG07-B listed at Newegg.com for $209.99, and if you want the SG07-BW it will cost you $10 more from the same site. I have seen a few SFF chassis', and many in this price range. Let's see where the SST-SG07B differs, and if it deserves your money over the others.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- Microsoft make 'positive changes' for Xbox at E3 this year
- Phison's E12 controller featured at CES 2018
- Toshiba's new SSD line-up featured at CES 2018
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series