The ineo Technology USB 3.0 Docking station was a well thought out product. Many users could benefit from having such a device planted on their desk. We did run into two issues that may affect the user experience. The first issue was the length of the USB 3.0 cable; some users may need a longer cable so they can easily move their computer out from under their desk without needing to detach the Docking Station first. Others may just need a longer cable to place the Docking Station where they like.
The second issue we found was the location of the power plug. To turn the Docking Station on you will need to reach around the Dock and that makes it possible to tip your drive over. I can tell you from experience, 3.5" platter drives do not like to be tipped over when they are running. This is actually a data hazard. If it happens you may brick your drive and that is never a pleasant thing. We would really like to see ineo move the power button to the front.
When it comes to competition, ineo has a bunch of it in the docking station category. Thermaltake is nearly a household name with computer users and they have a couple of these on the market. Luckily for ineo Tech the Thermaltake USB 3.0 version costs nearly twice as much. When it comes to pricing, that is where ineo has a big lead over everyone. At 29.99 USD the ineo Technology USB 3.0 Docking Station is the lowest priced dock at Newegg. With USB 3.0 currently limited by mother markets USB 3.0 speed, one dock isn't going to perform faster than another, so shopping on the lowest price isn't going to bite like it will in other categories.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- US rapper Soulja Boy announces his own... CONSOLE?!
- Overwatch update adds Ashe, balances everything else
- AMD EPYC Rome: 64C/128T processor teased at 2.35GHz
- Samsung Galaxy F rumors: March 2019, costs up to $1770
- Capcom may continue cloud-based Switch games
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms