Everest Random Access Time
Everest Ultimate and Corporate Edition offer several different benchmarks for testing and optimizing your system or network. The Random Access test is one of very few if not only that will measure hard drives random access times in hundredths of milliseconds as oppose to tens of milliseconds.
Drives with only one or two tests displayed in write the write test mean that they have failed the test and their Maximum and possibly their Average Scores were very high after the cached fills. This usually happens only with controllers manufactured by JMicron.
The good news is that the read access time for the ADATA S596 Turbo holds up really well and when reading data you shouldn't have an interruption in data flow.
The bad news is that JMicron still can't shake their poor write performance when their cache buffer runs out. Here we see that write intensive tasks are going to ruin your day; well, maybe your moment. You will have 128MB of space to fill before that happens, but once that happens be prepared to pull your hair out.
Here we see that actual graph from the test. The only other review I could find online of the S596 Turbo stated, "We're happy to report that JMicron has sorted out its performance issues", but obviously that wasn't the case. After further analysis of that article I learned that a write access test was never even performed. Maybe they never really knew what the performance issues surrounding JMicron controllers were.
All joking aside, the JMF616 still has issues even with a 128MB DDR2 buffer when it comes to writing data. It is my opinion that when using the drive as a boot drive it will stutter if asked to perform under heavy use. This doesn't apply to users surfing the web, but power users should look at the above graph and take note.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- No, Disney won't making its own Star Wars games
- Cuphead coming to Switch with Xbox LIVE integration
- Obsidian's new Outer Worlds skips Steam
- Witcher 4 may be CD Projekt RED's next game
- Strong sales cement Anthem in EA's playbook
- Getting SSD to boot
- Seagate Game Drive PS4 2TB Review
- GA-X99-UD5 rev 1.0 power ON issue
- Asus RT-N16 - Can´t get wifi to work
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today