Specifications, Pricing and Availability
The ADATA S596 Turbo is being offered in four popular capacity sizes; everything from 32GB to 256GB is being produced. Like nearly all SSDs, the capacity size does play a role in determining the write speed. ADATA is claiming the 32GB model is only capable of writing data at 60MB/s, the 64GB up to 120MB/s, but the 128GB and 256GB sizes blazing along at 210MB/s.
Today we are looking at ADATAs S596 Turbo in 128GB capacity size. Our retail unit shipped with a handy 2.5 to 3.5" desktop bracket and also has a USB 2.0 port that can be used for easy data transfer, or to use the S596 Turbo as a portable drive.
As we mentioned, most JMicron controlled drives are targeted for budget users and under normal conditions that would be the case. Newegg currently lists the 128GB model like the one we are looking at today for 269.00 USD. That is a really good price point for a new 128GB SSD with a desktop adapter bracket.
These are not normal times, though, and that 128MB DDR2 cache module is a necessity; one that adds to the cost of producing the drive. ADATA's flagship drive, the S599 uses a controller design that was purposely built without a cache module. Until recently you couldn't purchase a SandForce based 128GB SSD for anywhere near the current cost of the ADATA S596 Turbo but things have changed.
Newegg is listing the S599 in 128GB capacity for 284.99 USD, a major price break from the 450 USD cost that was once associated with 128GB of SandForce goodness. With prices this close, the S596 Turbo has to compete with the S599 and that may end up being a really big problem.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Arena brawler 'My Hero One's Justice' announced for Switch
- DOOM Rebooted will get a physical deluxe soundtrack release
- Radical Heights - first patch, new gun/performance increases
- Sea of Thieves patch 1.0.4, Rares attempt at stability
- Insomniacs Spider-Man leaked screenshots tease two villains
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- FS 30 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $7,740
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit