Off the record, I've stated on a few occasions that JMicron has the very best sales team in the SSD market. I guess that's on the record, though, and since I said it I will have to explain it.
JMicron is the only company that failed to deliver a quality SSD controller even though they've given it at least five tries (JMF601, 602, 602B, 612 and 616). How the hell can a company go 0 for 5 and still keep selling controllers? They have a really good sales team or someone over there has some really large implants. One of these days I will figure out this great mystery, but to be honest, with every trade show I go to JMicron hasn't been on my list of must see companies. Maybe if the implant thing was be valid .
Looking forward, ADATA should just kill the S596 Turbo if they can't manage to get the price significantly lower than the SandForce controlled S599. When I say significant, I mean half, half the cost of the S599. When it comes to the 128GB capacity size, I would honestly look to spend around 150 USD and that is only if I couldn't raise the other 150 USD to get a SandForce drive, ever.
As it sits now, the performance doesn't justify the price of the S596 Turbo and since the S599 uses the same flash it will be impossible to sell the Turbo at enough of a discount to justify a purchase at all.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Just Cause 4 sales fail, Square Enix blames other AAA titles
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall release date/story trailer debut
- New Warhammer: Chaosbane - Dwarf Slayer ARPG trailer
- FromSoftware tease Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice new boss
- Dad makes custom Zelda/Link life-lesson present for daughter
- Why gaming forums are not so popular nowadays?
- Far Cry New Dawn Benchmarked: 1080p, 1440p, 4K All Tested
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure