Off the record, I've stated on a few occasions that JMicron has the very best sales team in the SSD market. I guess that's on the record, though, and since I said it I will have to explain it.
JMicron is the only company that failed to deliver a quality SSD controller even though they've given it at least five tries (JMF601, 602, 602B, 612 and 616). How the hell can a company go 0 for 5 and still keep selling controllers? They have a really good sales team or someone over there has some really large implants. One of these days I will figure out this great mystery, but to be honest, with every trade show I go to JMicron hasn't been on my list of must see companies. Maybe if the implant thing was be valid .
Looking forward, ADATA should just kill the S596 Turbo if they can't manage to get the price significantly lower than the SandForce controlled S599. When I say significant, I mean half, half the cost of the S599. When it comes to the 128GB capacity size, I would honestly look to spend around 150 USD and that is only if I couldn't raise the other 150 USD to get a SandForce drive, ever.
As it sits now, the performance doesn't justify the price of the S596 Turbo and since the S599 uses the same flash it will be impossible to sell the Turbo at enough of a discount to justify a purchase at all.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Crytek starts sign-ups for Hunt: Showdown closed Alpha
- Windows 10 updates fix bricked AMD-powered PCs
- Activision CEO to leave company
- AI could one day fuel in-game microtransactions
- Playground Games making new Fable, sources say
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series