Though the iBUYPOWER LAN Warrior II delivered the kind of stout gaming performance we'd expect from a system bearing AMD's flagship video card, we have to take issue with some of the odd configuration quirks we saw with this system.
Perhaps it was merely an oversight, but we're baffled as to why a company would include a Blu-ray drive, but no playback software (not to mention the lack of proper adapters to use the system with a HDMI-equipped monitor). If this was done to shave a few dollars from the cost to keep the system below a $2000 price point, we'd urge iBUYPOWER to look elsewhere for cost-saving alternatives. Likewise, although we appreciated the performance boost an SSD brings, 64GB is a bit on the small size for a primary drive.
We like iBUYPOWER's grab-and-go concept for the LAN Warrior II, and we like that they didn't skimp on the GPU just because of the system's small footprint. We also like that the company throws in a liquid CPU cooler for no extra charge. However, since the CPU cooler is neither particularly quiet, nor the processor itself overclocked, we're not exactly sure what practical benefits the customer receives from its inclusion.
At a $1999 street price, the LAN Warrior II represents one of the most reasonably priced HD 5970-equipped systems out there. But for a custom-built PC, we expect to see much greater attention to detail. With the number and quality of competitors in the custom PC market, it's not enough to merely throw a flagship GPU into a system and expect the buying public to beat a path to your door.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Internals & Set-Up]
- Page 3 [General Hands-On Usage and Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 64-bit]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- If Anthem's cosmetics fail, paid expansions are likely
- The Divison 2 story sets U.S. capital aflame with chaos
- Lords of the Fallen devs open indie publishing label
- JUMP FORCE leaks images of Dragon Quest and JoJo Characters
- Steam discounts Mortal Kombat franchise, up to 75% off
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019