Inside The Antec LanBoy Air Blue Mid Tower Case
The door panel has two 120mm TwoCool Fans already applied to cool the GPU area inside of the LanBoy. In the large section above, you can add another two fans to aid cooling in the CPU and memory area if you would like. The bulk of the panel is made of plastic and has blue bars screwed in to accent the rest of the framing. Covering all three sections is a steel mesh with round holes.
The top of the drive bay section uses these black steel rails to mount the optical drives with a pair of screws on either side. There are no slots or adjustments to be made; the optical drive face sits right against the blue rails on the front. With a bit of work, these rails can be re-oriented to allow the optical drives to face either side panel.
The hard drive area consists of spaced brackets on the four surrounding rails. Near the bottom there is a pair of the "Air Mounts" in place. They can also be stretched in the opposing direction; the choice is up to you.
The motherboard tray has a really large CPU access hole in the top. This tray will support m-ITX, m-ATX, and ATX motherboards. Six of the risers are shipped in place, and a few more can be found in the toolbox. There are also wiring tie points punched into the steel to allow wires to be tied neatly behind it.
Above the motherboard tray in the top of the case is room for either a pair of fans on the outside, or fans and a radiator for water cooling. With the large elongated holes in this, air flow should have no real restrictions in here. There are special screws to use here as well.
Looking inside the rear of the chassis, you can see the ventilated expansion slots are all held in place with screws. Above these is the 120mm exhaust fan with two speeds and blue LEDs.
At the bottom, as the LanBoy comes shipped, the power supply gets placed inside this frame. Removing a thumbscrew from the back of the chassis allows this rack to slide out the back to allow easy installation around the power supply.
The wiring from the front I/O is sufficient to get anywhere you need them to go, but the USB 3.0 wiring is a bit short to route cleanly. The only real option is to route it hanging in the middle of the cassis, or across the top and out the little hole above the exhaust fan. You will also find a USB 2.0 connection and a HD Audio / AC'97 connection. The thinner wires consist of a grounding wire, HDD Activity, Power LED, Power, and Reset wiring.
Behind the motherboard tray you will find 16mm of space to tie up whatever wiring you want to route back here. With the lack of an 8-pin hole at the top mostly the I/O wiring and possibly the 24-pin wiring will be routed here. Antec provides wire management ties applied already along with the punched out loops to keep everything tidy back here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Survival instinct questioned in new Left Alive trailer
- Devil May Cry 5 - HYDE Collaboration trailer released
- The Conan Unconquered experience is truly 'unconquerable'
- Darksiders III - Accolades Trailer released
- NierR: Automata - Game of the YoRHa Edition details soon
- The Best Zero Gravity Chair of 2018 - Your Best Digs
- How Does Garcinia Shaping Pro Work?
- Fallout 76 Review: Atomic Waste
- My Asus TUF FX504GD (a gaming laptop) crashes everytime I launch high end games
- Load Up and Get Necrolyzed, GUNGRAVE VR Launches for PlayStation VR Today
- En Masse Entertainment Catches and Releases the 'BAF Masters' Update on TERA PC, Live Alongside Wintera Events Today
- 'MK Kollective' to Relaunch with Original Content from New Ambassadors in Celebration of Mortal Kombat 11
- Forge A Path To Survival In Left Alive
- SAIRENTO VR slashes onto PSVR early 2019