The RD3XP cables look to be an interesting item. While I only gained beneficial results under Windows, it should be noted that I don't have much in the way of electrical interferences in the vicinity of my computer. I'm well away from any TV sets and microwave ovens, and there are no large satellite antennas anywhere near my home. But who can complain about a 10% gain under the leading Operating System currently in use today?
Also of note is the appearance of these cables. There are no stray wires sticking out anywhere and the entire look is very polished and professional. With the huge emphasis on windows in today's power machines, this can only be a good thing. Also, you get the added benefit of better airflow with the rounded cable. When I initially switched to round ATA cables, my internal case temperatures dropped by 2C, so this also helps out when it comes time to get the most out of your system.
On the downside is cost. Coming in at a price of US$19.95 for the 20" cables, they don't go cheap. But again, the quality that you receive is by far better than most other cables that I've seen on the market.
Bottom line...If you happen to have a Windows based system like most of us and are in the market for a very good set of rounded cables, then take a good, hard look at the RD3XP model. If you can afford the higher than average entry fee, then you'll surely not be disappointed.
Better data flow under Windows
Rounded design aids airflow
Aluminum shielding for cleaner signals
Very high quality
Ground cable can be a hassle for tweakers
Rating - 8.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit