The X58A-UD9 is a $649.99 board at NewEgg.com. That is quite a bit of money to lump out if all you are looking for is a simple gaming motherboard or workstation. Now, when you look at what you are really getting and consider the potential for performance under the hood here, it's somewhat more warranted.
Having the dual NF200 chips gives you the possibility of Quad SLI and Quad Crossfire with all four GPUs having 16 lanes of bandwidth to play with. This combined with USB 3.0, dual SATA 3.0 ports, Dual GBe LAN, the combination cooling system for the board and the dual 12 Phase power regulation all add up to match the cost asked for.
This is a board to try and punish; it is not a board that you want to dress up and put in a pretty case. With the X58A-UD9, GIGABYTE means business. They want you to run this board as hard and as fast as you can. It is true that with our current cooling solution we were not able to get very much out of our Core i7 980X, but we have a feeling that there is plenty of head room in the X58A-UD9 and if you start piling on the GPUs, well, then things will get very interesting.
We plan to dive deeper into the X58A-UD9 to see what adding more GPUs and better cooling can do. For now, though, we can honestly recommend this board not only for the audacity of its design, but also for the potential performance that you can get from it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 (8th Gen Core) Laptop Review
- Fujitsu-Siemens BIOS - LGA 771 to 775 microcode
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit