The Intel NAS Performance Toolkit (NASPT) is a file system exerciser and analysis tool designed to enable direct measurement of home network attached storage (NAS) performance. Designed to emulate the behavior of an actual application, NASPT uses a set of real world workload traces gathered from typical digital home applications. Traces of high definition video playback and recording, office productivity applications, video rendering/content creation and more provide a broad range of different application behaviors.
With version 1.71 we are able to test with Windows 7 64-bit, but to keep the results accurate you must limit your system RAM to 2GB or less. With only a single 2GB stick of memory installed you can test with Windows 7 64-bit. Also, a new test was added, Office Productivity, but several tests were removed by default like 3 Source HD Video Playback and Backup / Restore.
Today we will be testing the Thecus N8800 Pro in Intel's NASPT and running it against QNAP's latest large capacity TS-859U-RP. Both NAS servers were tested with Seagate 7200.11 1TB drives, our standard drives for all NAS testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titan Comics and Blizzard announce new Diablo comic books
- The Simpsons creator debuts 'Disenchantment' Netflix trailer
- Kingdom Hearts honors 90 years of Mickey Mouse with trailer
- PES 2019 demo will be released on PC/consoles on August 8th
- Kong: Skull Island director discusses possible Zelda movie
- DLink HD Wi-Fi Camera 8010LH Review
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit