Building a system these days is not that hard; you may run into a few issues with clearance (GPU, heatsink etc.), but for the most part things are pretty simple. The P55 Extreme4 was like that. The hardware was no trouble getting in place while the installation of the OS was a snap. Oddly, though, there was no Windows 7 driver for the LAN chip. We had to wait until we ran the driver installer to get all of that going. Once we did, things moved right along.
As we talked about when we looked at the box, ASRock has listed quite a bundle. When we took the time to look at things, it was not as great as it seemed. Much of it was trial versions of software or very light free versions. It was not overly impressive to be honest. There was also nothing about how to get the software to use your iPhone as a game controller.
There was some free software that ASRock did include. One piece of software that you may want to install is the IES (Intelligent Energy Saver). This software is capable of dynamically controlling the power in use by switching back the power phases. It can help reduce the power draw at idle state while still allowing for full power when you need it.
Another piece of software that while interesting, might only be of use to a few people; that is the Instant Boot software. This piece of software allows you to put the system into an advanced sleep state so that when you hit the power button it instantly awakens for fast usage. Personally, I do not like to do this as I have seen many applications that will fail upon a resume like this.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard