Inside the Box
Upon opening the external packaging, we see that Scythe has skimped a bit on the internal packaging. The only protection to the power supply itself is a small amount of bubble wrap and the modular cables. Our sample arrived undamaged, but was packaged in another box with additional protection.
After removing the contents from the box, we can see the 10 modular cables Scythe includes with the Chouriki 2 and the power cable.
The Chouriki 2 itself features a beautiful brushed metal finish in what can only be described as a light bronze finish which is very difficult to capture in a photo. The side of the Chouriki 2 contains the I/O specification sticker.
The front of the Chouriki 2 houses the 10 modular plugs for the various cables. One would hope that since all of the PCI-E connectors are blue and the rest are black that this would indicate how the dual 12V rails are split up, but we'll dig into that when we pop the top off.
The bottom holds Scythe's 135mm Kama Flex fan to cool the 1000W of power our Chouriki 2 offers. Scythe claims that the fan only produces 21. 7dBA at a full load of 1350 RPM.
Moving to the back of the Chouriki 2, we can see the modified honeycomb structure used to permit air to flow out of the power supply. While this is slightly more restrictive than the typical honeycomb design, it does add a bit of aesthetics.
Last but not least, we have the installation manual and black mounting screws also included.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Labo brings cardboard cut-outs to the gaming world
- Metal Gear Survive will feature microtransactions
- Surprise character hits Dragon Ball FighterZ before launch
- God of War: Stone Manson Edition unveiled
- Dark Souls Remastered won't support cross-platform
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series