You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
There are a lot of questions surrounding the Corsair Force F40 and we will be looking at the performance closely to try and answer them all. At the end we will start to figure in the price and determine if the Corsair Force F40 is worthy of your money.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
In ATTO we can see the high IOPS programming come into play in the 4K write portion of the test. Standard drives are only able to achieve around 120 to 130MB/s but the High IOPS drives hit 170MB/s or more. Here we see the Corsair F40 writing 4K data at 173.2 MB/s.
Corsair's performance claims of 280MB/s read and 270MB/s write appear to be close, but we were able to read data a little faster while write data is a little slower. The write speed we hit, 268MB/s is just under the claimed speed and I have no doubt that if I ran the test 10 times I would hit 270MB/s more than once. What is interesting here is that for the first time a SandForce SF-1200 is not write limited by the SATA II interface and we are actually seeing a performance wall limited by the configuration.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sumo Digital may go public in new IPO worth $198 million
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- Take-Two: Microtransactions help buffer risk of new IP
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz