The Corsair Force F40 40GB SSD
Here we get our first look at the Corsair Force 40GB. Smaller capacity doesn't mean a small form factor, the F40 is still a 2.5" form factor drive that will slide right into nearly every notebook on the planet. Capacity information is listed on the front of the drive with the model and serial number.
The back of the drive is void of print information but does have the four standard mounting locations that will give you the ability to mount the F40 into some of the newer desktop adapters.
Looking at the side we also see the standard mounting points that are used widely to mount 2.5" form factor drives.
The back has standard SATA power and data ports.
Normally this section is uneventful but today we have something interesting. I stated earlier that the new 40GB SandForce based drives only have 12 flash modules and not the 16 we have come to expect. Here we see how this worked out. On the top side three modules were removed and only five remain.
On the back we see that seven of the eight modules are remaining. That makes the drive a four channel, three memory modules per channel instead or four / four.
Now let's see what happens with the performance!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem made $3.5 million in microtransactions
- Nintendo's top 10 best-selling Indie titles on the Switch
- Official Assassin's Creed III Remastered PC specs revealed
- Streamer beats 5 Soulsborne games with no hits by enemies
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Cuphead's should join the roster
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced