Inside The Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid Tower Case
Like I said, the interior is left with just the SEC coating, not painted. The hardware box is strapped to the hard drive assembly and didn't get lose all the way from Hong Kong to the mid-west USA.
Behind the bezel there is a rack for four 5.25" drives, and with the use of adapters you can install a floppy drive, too. There is only one tool-less clips for the 5.25" bays placed all the way at the top. It is repositionable, so if you don't want to use the top slot, you can move it where you want it. The mid section holds the removable and rotatable hard drive rack. Pop riveted to the floor are the other two 3.2" drive bays making a total of six.
Screwed to the floor is an additional 2.5" drive rack. It will allow you to install two drives in it here, or mounted above the lower 3.5" rack. Once it is removed from here, the floor has holes to allow a 2.5" drive to mount directly to the floor.
The power supply gets supported with four rubber pads. Under it is a plastic mesh dust filter that can be removed from the outside for easy cleaning.
The motherboard tray has everything you could want. CPU access for the back plates, large holes for easy wire management, tabs to tie wiring to the tray, and a clearly labeled chart and letter assigned holes for the motherboard risers.
Wiring is plenty long enough to reach any motherboards connections. The wiring includes the power LED, HDD LED, power switch and reset switch connection in multi-colored wiring. In all black you get a USB 20 and HD or AC'97 audio connections.
The seven 3.5" bays use a plastic tray that will lock the drive in place. To use these, you simply flex the tray around a 3.5" drive, or with the use of a few included screws, screw in a 2.5" drive to the base of the trays. The rack here is built in a very open design to allow that 230mm fan in front of it to get good flow into the chassis.
Simply removing four screws from the back side, and then lifting the black plastic tabs. The drive bays can be completely removed to make room for even the longest graphics cards.
Here it is reinstalled with a 90° twist to the left.
If you were so inclined, the 2.5" drive rack can be moved off the floor and mounted to the top of the remaining 3.5" bays.
The offset from the motherboard tray to the back panel is greater than what I had in the 922, and is why the 922 had large bumps on the back panels. Doesn't matter where you tie the wires, or even if you want to hide the 24-pin line here, the spacing is enough to still allow for an easy panel installation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SOMA's 'easy' Safe Mode finally makes its way to PS4
- Mega Man Collection coming to the Nintendo Switch
- Moss is coming this February on PSVR, new trailer released
- Biomutant has had a new gameplay teaser trailer released
- Samsung's new patent teases FLYING SCREEN for hovering video
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit