Disk Drive Controller
The system drive controller is an important part of system performance. In most modern boards your drive controller will run off of the PCI-e bus. The PCI-e bus performance can be affected by poor trace layout as well as many other design choices that show up on different boards.
For testing we use Sisoft's Sandra and Everest.
HDD performance on the P6X58D-E is good, but then again, the Intel IHC10R is a good SATA II controller. The rest of the performance is good, but we did find it odd that the HDD performance dropped when we overclocked the system.
Everest backs up our findings with Sandra.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Package and Contents]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 7 [Synthetic Tests - Part III]
- Page 8 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 9 [Real-World Tests Part II]
- Page 10 [Power Usage, Heat Tests and Final Thoughts]