The SilenX iXtrema EFFIZIO EFZ-120HA4 Extreme Silent CPU Cooler
Looking at the inbound side of the SilenX, we can see the stack of forty-six fins that are press fit over the five "U" shaped heat pipes. When the heat pipes leave the base they are bent to line up in a chevron pattern at the top and through the fins.
Getting a bit closer, we can discuss the aluminium pre-cooler that tops the base. The base not only offers heat a quick escape, but it also holds the five 8mm heat pipes to the processor. With the universal plate that is already mounted to the base, the EFZ-120HA4 is all ready to go with any supported processor.
From the side we can see that SilenX kept the sides of this cooler closed to more efficiently use all of the air provided by the fan. This feature seems only obvious, as a lot of coolers I test allow quite a bit of the air flow to escape.
From this angle we can see where the EFZ-120HA4 differs from the HP-1216. The shape of the fins is the most notable change. While it is a subtle difference, from what I saw, this edge pattern is superior to that of the HP-1216. SilenX did keep the dimpled texture on the fins, which disturbs the air and allows for better heat transfer over a flat fin.
As with most heat pipe coolers that make direct contact to a processor, the SilenX has small gaps along each pipe. These will tend to "absorb" more TIM than a cooler with a flat bottom, so keep that in mind. The rest of the base is milled together and left very level.
The included fan has nine white blades with a black frame. This fan is listed to run from 800-2000 RPM and can push up to 102 CFM at maximum speed. All of this is accomplished while virtually you will hear very little and SilenX's rating of less than 18dBA isn't too far off.
A little bit of a close up of the fans sticker to show all the ratings SilenX has for the EFZ12025-HSF.
With one fan installed, this is how it will look. Inside, SilenX ships the cooler with enough fan mounts to be able to achieve a push/pull configuration, if you buy another fan.
Here is an option for the EFZ-120HA4, and that is the IXP-74-09 fan. Now, this fan does boast a much lower noise level, but with that comes a drop of CFM from 102 of the included fan to the 38 CFM this one can ultimately put out.
A close up of this fans specifications is due as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The SilenX iXtrema EFFIZIO EFZ-120HA4 Extreme Silent CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Wolfenstein II can 'utilize the power' of Radeon RX Vega
- Battlegrounds 2 won't happen, as the game is a service
- Galaxy S9 logo leaks, still has a headphone jack
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 388.00 drivers ready for Destiny 2
- All the legit Destiny 2 deals for PC during release week
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard