AS SSD Benchmark
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.2.3577.40358
Developer Homepage: Alex Intelligent Software
Product Homepage: Alex Intelligent Software
Download here: http://www.alex-is.de/PHP/fusion/downloads.php?cat_id=4&download_id=9
AS determines the performance of Solid State Drives (SSD). The tool contains four synthetic as well as three practice tests. The synthetic tests are to determine the sequential and random read and write performance of the SSD. These tests are carried out without the use of the operating system caches.
In all synthetic tests the test file size is 1GB. AS can also determine the access time of the SSD, the access of which the drive is determined to read through the entire capacity of the SSD (Full Stroke). The write access test is only to be met with a 1 GB big test file. At the end of the tests three values for the read and write as well as the overall performance will be issued. In addition to the calculated values which are shown in MB/s, they are also represented in IO per seconds (IOPS).
Note: AS SSD is a great benchmark for many tests, but since Crystal Disk Mark covers a broader range of 4K tests and HD Tune Pro covering sequential speeds, we will only use the Copy Benchmark from AS SSD.
- Copy Benchmark
The most commonly used task for external storage products is transferring data to and from the drive. In AS SSD we are able to simulate a controlled transfer of three common file formats. The Nobility NH03 is capable of transferring an ISO file at 46.41MB/s, Program Files at 22.5MB/s and Game Files 36.21MB/s. USB 2.0 is only able to perform these same tests at 14MB/s, so we see significant improvements from the USB 3.0 NH03.
I have to say that I am not surprised to see A-DATA taking the top spot at Newegg for USB 3.0 external drives. What is a bit surprising, though, is that they are able to do it even before the drives arrive at Newegg's warehouse. We were told that the drives will be arriving by the time you read this, so the availability should be strong at that point.
At 109.99 USD the 1TB A-DATA Nobility NH03 is a good choice for those looking to add additional high speed storage to their desktop system. The NH03 isn't exactly small, though, and many users will prefer to look for high speed portable storage in a 2.5" based drive enclosure since they are much easier to transport and in many cases do not require an additional power supply.
When it comes to performance, the NH03 offers better than average transfer rates for external devices. The file transfer tests show that the enclosure is able to run nearly identical to internal platter based drives using 5400 RPM platters.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [The A-DATA Nobility NH03]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tach]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Crystal Disk Mark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter: World updated for Xbox One, patch 1.06
- Everything you need for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition
- Sea of Thieves will have larger map/more ships beyond launch
- Sea of Thieves map will have 15 - 30 minute ship encounters
- Final Fantasy XV has PC-exclusive 'higher quality assets'
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit