Hands On Use
The Acer AZ5700-U2112 AIO absolutely destroyed all other AIOs I have used in the benchmark section of this review, making it the best performing AIO to come across my desk. Once all those tests were done, I used the Acer AZ5700-U2112 to do some plain old computer work.
I really like the big, bright screen of the machine. It has very good resolution and enough screen space to get a pair of documents open on the screen at once. That big screen is glossy and throws a lot of glare. It is also touch capable so it picks up a fair number of fingerprints and smudges.
Fingerprints aside, the touchscreen of the Acer AZ5700-U2112 is excellent and very accurate. When you have a large screen with a high resolution, some of the options on menus and programs can be very small. The Acer AZ5700-U2112 touchscreen was dead on; if your fingers can touch the options you want the screen will click exactly where you press. I often can't use touchscreens because they simply aren't accurate enough to suit me. The Acer AZ5700-U2112 has one of the best touchscreens for accuracy that I have ever used.
If you aren't the touchscreen type, Acer also ships the machine with a wireless mouse and keyboard. The mouse is your standard resolution unit, which is good enough for the 23-inch screen. The keyboard is silver, has full size keys and offers average typing feel and feedback. The keyboard does have media controls for volume and other functions since the Acer AZ5700-U2112 is sure to be used for media. The wireless mouse and keyboard do require a USB dongle to be plugged in. I hate to give up one of the six USB ports on the Acer AZ5700-U2112 for the wireless mouse and keyboard; this is something that manufacturers really need to build into the machine.
The AIO also ships with a wireless remote control that allows you to control the computer from across the room. This is an important thing since the machine has an adapter that allows you to connect the AIO to your antenna, allowing you to watch OTA programs right on the computer.
I mentioned the screen already to some extent. What I didn't say was that despite the glare it produces, the colors are excellent. The screen has good black levels and fast motion doesn't make the image look choppy. Streaming content from Hulu is a snap and the video plays smoothly without any hiccups in windowed or full screen modes. The Acer AZ5700-U2112 is a fantastic multimedia machine. The onboard sound system has no bass to speak of, but it offers plenty of volume. You can hear it across a medium or small room without straining or missing what is being said.
When all is said and done, the Acer AZ5700-U2112 is almost the perfect AIO computer. The machine has loads of performance, looks fantastic and is a fantastic multimedia machine. The only thing missing from the spec sheet of the Acer AZ5700-U2112 is a Blu-ray drive.
I can forgive the lack of a Blu-ray drive leaving the only quibble I can really find for the Acer AZ5700-U2112 being the fact that one of the few USB ports the machine has is taken with the USB dongle for the included wireless mouse and keyboard. The touchscreen is fantastic and the GPU inside the machine is up to streaming content without any issues.
Overall, the Acer AZ5700-U2112 is my choice for the best AIO you can find and it's a bargain at around $1000.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. roster leak suggests Metroid's Ridley
- Overwatch splash art spotted in Paladins advertisement
- Mowgli is a dark themed 'The Jungle Book', trailer released
- Razer's new Blade: smallest 15.6-inch gaming laptop ever
- SEGA teases upcoming Sonic Racing game information
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit