The Vantec NexStar SATA to USB 3.0 Adapter
There is really not much to the adapter. On one end you have the SATA interface that we see here. On the other end a three foot cable has a USB 3.0 Type A plug and you put this in your motherboards USB 2.0 or 3.0 port.
As we mentioned earlier, there is a power requirement needed just to get the adapter operational. At least the plug for the additional power is on the same side as the USB cable.
The entire package is quite small and even somewhat portable. Vantec has included an installation manual and here you get a look at the wall wart that is needed to provide power to the entire setup.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [The Vantec NexStar SATA to USB 3.0 Adapter]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tach]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Crystal Disk Mark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD and Final Thoughts]