G.Skill promises 2000MHz DDR on only a few boards; all of them from ASUS. With our ASRock 890FX Deluxe3 we initially had trouble achieving over 1500MHz DDR. After updating the BIOS we got over 1600MHz DDR, but we were still a far cry from the 2000MHz DDR we needed.
We asked G.Skill what the best board was for this RAM and they said the ASUS M4A89TD PRO was the best pick. With a quick email, we were set up to receive that board. Once the ASUS board was up and running, we managed to get 2000MHz DDR 7-9-7-24-2T straight away.
You can see the validation here.
We had been told that 1T should be easy to achieve without changing any of the settings, so that's exactly what we did. Changing to 1T brought with it no issues at all and running our benchmarks was done with ease.
Next we went on to overclocking. While normally we would just stick to the default timings, we thought we would leave the kit at 1T while still using the same 7-9-7-24 setup.
You can see the validation here.
What we ended up with was 2127MHz DDR which is very impressive; not just for the kit but for an AMD system as well. We might've been able to squeeze a few more MHz out of the kit if we went back to 2T, but we thought we would stick to 1T.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the memory. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Packaging and Modules]
- Page 2 [Overclocking]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 9 [Total Value Rating (TVR) and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series