The Silicon Power Armor A80 640GB Portable HDD
Here we get our first look at the Silicon Power Armor A80. The case is made of aluminum. I wouldn't call the Armor heavy, but it is heavier than most portable drives. This is a result of making the aluminum thick enough to meet or exceed the mil spec drop test.
On the back we see that the main portion of the aluminum case is a one piece design that appears to have been sand blasted and then anodized a deep blue color. Also on the back we see the capacity listed at the lower middle of the case.
A very handy, ultra cool, and to just call it like it is, brilliant short USB 3.0 cable can be held directly in a recessed portion of the Armor A80. This is one of the neatest features I have seen to date from a USB 3.0 drive.
On the other side is the USB 3.0 plug that has a rubber door that when closed will allow the Armor A80 to be submerged in up to 1 meter of water for up to a half hour.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 microtransactions should be cosmetic-only weapon & armor skins
- No Man's Sky physical re-release includes Beyond expansion and all DLC
- Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 coming to PS4 at 1080p 60FPS
- Modern Warfare supports mouse and keyboard on consoles
- Oddworld: Soulstorm on PC releases exclusively on the Epic Games Store
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- Pengo USB-C Dock Review
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- FSP Unveils FlexGURU 250W and 300W Modular Power Supplies New PSUs are perfect for IPC, NAS, HTPC and edge computing
- Gameforge Opens Pre-Orders and Announces November Release for the Highly Anticipated Kingdom Under Fire 2
- Philips Brings Precision Computer Peripherals to US
- KORN Battle Concert is Now Live in AdventureQuest 3D!
- NEC: Industrial Internet Consortium Approves Testbed of Negotiation Automation Platform for coordinating interests among AI systems