Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
I did the first few runs on the AMD hardware and to be honest I wasn't all that pleased with the results. Come to find out, the AMD setup wasn't putting as much pressure on the TECC as did the Intel tests I did after it. So in fairness, I listed the idle temperatures for both Intel and AMD mounting systems.
Again with the Intel configuration, I was able to get a top ten performance out of the Frio. The AMD setup left a little to be desired here just like on idle. Let's hope this new hardware found in the Jing ends up on all their coolers from here on out. The main reason I chose an AMD install was because of the great results I got with the Jing. I can see now why a hardware change was made.
These numbers are for dual fan runs. I didn't do single fan temperature results, so I didn't do them here either. With two fans hovering at what I would guess to be at 60 or so CFM, I expected these fans to be a bit on the noisy side and here are the results that prove that.
Not exactly the worst I have tested, but the Frio will bring on the noise. At full load and the fans spinning at 12V, a level of 67 dB is still going to be heard from 4 feet away, so be sure noise is not an issue for you.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [The Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [The Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Devil May Cry 5 Ultra Limited Edition costs $8600
- Epic delays full free-to-play version of Fortnite into 2019
- Oculus co-founder Brendan Iribe leaves company
- EA shakeup prompts Jade Raymond's departure
- Fallout 76 has 150 hours of side quests, will grow over time
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam