Creative Labs have been amongst the biggest producers of multimedia audio equipment for the best part of the last fifteen years. Their well known presence in the industry has also seen them being several award winning products and a long line of gamer based support which has consistently grown over the years; this thanks in no small part to Creative labs' proprietary environmental audio system, EAX.
Lending from that vast track record of experience building audio equipment, Creative have now begun to develop systems based on Bluetooth which are oriented towards iPhone and iPod use.
These systems take advantage of what has arguably been one of the dark knights of computing technology, Bluetooth, which has seen a mixed reception and uptake from the buying public over the year. Many people we suspect are putting it into the technological equivalent of the 'too hard' basket. Today, though, we're on the subject of Bluetooth as you've never heard it before; 2010, 'Apt-X style'.
Package and Contents
- One-piece speaker.
- Bluetooth wireless transmitter
- Backrest adapters for iPhone/iPod.
- Support stand for iPhone/iPod
Universal power adapter.
- Stereo-to-stereo cable.
- User Guide.
- Warranty and Technical
The package the ZiiSound D5 comes in is another example of some very lavish materials being used along with a high quality print which is certainly a trendy thing to hold and no doubt will be appealing to certain demographics.
Inside things are pretty basic with the unit itself being housed below a single white cardboard tray which houses everything else.
This is not an accessory laden box by any stretch and assumes a very minimalist approach to getting things done. Don't get us wrong, though, there is everything needed to get the ball rolling.
Including a product manual, warranty and now obligatory quick start guide; accompanied by one last document that is a single sheet and acts as a tablet for the written version of the ethos behind the ZiiSound audio movement by Creative, much like the little gold bound test report found with the Xonar Essence sound card from ASUS.
Although these expensively printed and finely textured doctrines of excellence serve no real world purpose when it comes to the crunch, we think they are quite endearing things to look at and provide a sense of character to those products they come with.
Not much else to report here, aside from a small stereo mini jack cable and a power cable. But in order to connect via Bluetooth you will need one more thing.
This is the small Bluetooth transmitter that slots into your portable and is also included in the box.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- Buy 10 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $2,740
- 2 New Half-Life 2 Developers videos
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit