By itself the Gainward GTX 460 1GB Goes Like Hell edition is just a beast of a card. That's thanks to the massive 800MHz core clock and 4GHz QDR memory clock that the company is offering.
I understand that not everyone is interested in overclocking. They can't be bothered, don't understand or are just generally worried that it could shorten the life of the product. That's why you buy pre-overclocked cards. Only a few companies have gone big with the overclock on the GTX 460, though, and fortunately Gainward is one of them.
Palit bought Gainward to become larger in the European market where Gainward has always been strong. What's so great about Gainward is the fact that Palit hasn't butchered them; they've kept with popular series names like "Golden Sample" while adding more to its repertoire. Gainward at worst is as good as they've always been. At best, though, they're better than they've ever been because of the power house that is Palit.
What's so fantastic about this card is that the overclock is so strong, when you throw it in SLI its performance is just massive. Sure, you can overclock yourself, but if you don't want to, if you can't be bothered or just simply don't mind spending a few extra dollars, this is just a fantastic buy. Performance is just crazy and like we said in our TPR graphs two pages back, have a look at the cost of the setups that are faster than this and you can really see the power that is on offer here.
The biggest issue with the Gainward GTX 460 1GB GHL edition is the same issue with most video cards these days; the bundle is lacking anything apart from the bare minimum. To be honest, though, who cares? - The card is the bundle and oh what a card it is.
If you're looking for an extremely fast out of the box GTX 460, this is one you want to look at. If you're simply looking for an extremely fast video card setup, two of these are what you should be looking at.
The bottom line is the performance of two of these cards just doesn't make sense for the price. The setup should be more expensive, but it's not, so quickly go out and buy a pair before someone discovers the money they could be making from this setup!
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:29 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]