Hands on Use
The HP AIO 200-5020 isn't as impressive looking as the Acer AZ5700-U2112 visually. That said, the HP AIO 200-5020 is around $300 cheaper than the Acer machine making it much more affordable as well. The 21.5-inch screen is glossy and has good color reproduction and decent black levels. Images online look crisp, sharp, and video is smooth and looks great.
Streaming of video from Hulu via WiFi was silky smooth and looked great in windowed and full screen modes. I noted no jerky or rough playback and the glossy screen has good color reproduction. The onboard sound system of the HP AIO 200-5020 is decent enough, although it does lack bass. The speaker output will have media fans connecting a new set of high-quality speakers for improved sound quality.
HP ships the AIO with a wireless mouse and keyboard. The mouse is comfortable in the hand and has about 800dpi resolution. It is accurate and has plenty of sensitivity for the 21.5-inch screen. The keyboard has full size keys and all the controls for media you will need. The keys have decent tactile feel and it is an average keyboard overall. The mouse and keyboard do require a USB dongle to be plugged in to operate which takes up one of the valuable USB ports on the rear of the machine. The good news about that is that HP provides a port that is well away from all of the other USB ports on the back of the HP AIO 200-5020 so the larger wireless dongle doesn't block any of the other four back side USB ports.
The HP AIO 200-5020 lacks the fancy features like a remote or touchscreen that my favorite AIO, the Acer AZ5700-U2112, offered. That said, the savings of nearly $300 will put the HP AIO 200-5020 within reach of more users. Honestly, 99% of AIO users can do without a touchscreen and be fine; they tend to get old after a while and the mouse and keyboard are typically faster for input.
At the end of the day the HP AIO 200-5020 isn't the best AIO desktop computer I have tried out, but it is one of the cheaper machines and is faster than all but one of the AIOs I have tested. Combine impressive performance with a budget price for an AIO machine and the HP AIO 200-5020 has a lot to like.
If you have a few hundred dollars more to spend you can get an AIO with a bigger screen and more performance, but the HP AIO 200-5020 offers little real world compromise compared to more expensive machines. This computer will be at home in any room of the home, office, or dorm and can do anything you throw at it short of high-end gaming. The HP AIO 200-5020 is one of the better buys on the AIO market.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite made almost $300 million in April
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- Co-op monster hunting title, Duntless releases open beta
- Dark Souls Remastered releases a whole day early on Steam
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit