The CoolIT Vantage A.L.C. CPU Cooler
Removing the top of the packaging we get out first glance at the Vantage ALC. At this point, aside from me having to take pictures, all you have to do is remove the bag and mount it if you have an Intel system.
The head unit consists of the pump and base plates. Unlike the ECO, the Vantage has the LCD screen and two buttons placed on top of the pump. It uses all the same major components of the ECO such as barbs, hoses, and mounting so in the technical aspects it is very similar to the ECO.
Moving back a little bit you can see that the Vantage supplies two wires from the head unit. One of those plugs into the motherboard, while the other controls the fan. No need for two headers or a 12V Molex converter to get the Vantage up and running.
One feature I loved about the ECO over the H50 was the ability to move the hoses to fit cleaner into any chassis. I'm glad to see this feature stays with the Vantage as well.
Out of the box, the Vantage is configured to run with an Intel system. If you have an AMD rig, you need to pull the four screws in these legs, replace the legs with the AMD set, and screw them into the head unit.
In the last image you saw a plastic cover on the base plate. This is to not only protect the base against accidental scratches, but it also allows the pre-applied thermal compound to stay in place. For our tests, this will be removed, the base cleaned, and replaced with AS-5 to keep the playing field level.
Whether you have a socket 1366, 1156, or 775 setup these legs, with a simple pull on the bottom half, will slide into the appropriate socket position. This also offers the ability to upgrade your 775 system and not need to get additional hardware to move the cooler to the new build.
The 2500 RPM fan comes mounted as a push fan on the Vantage ALC and also has a fan grille in place to keep fingers safe inside the chassis.
At first glance it almost looks like the Vantage ships with two fans. This is not the case. CoolIT ships a spacer on the opposing side of the radiator.
This is the side that gets mounted to the chassis as an exhaust using the included screws shipped on the outside of the foam. This spacer allows for a gap behind the radiator to improve flow, but can also be used as a shroud for the push/pull a lot of end users go with on the ECO.
Just wanted to get this last shot due to the sticker with the actual VAN-R120 model number, so when you are shopping there is no confusion.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- Epic Games teams with Funko for Fortnite Pop! figurines
- Samsung's next-gen foldable smartphone to launch early 2019
- Microsoft teases 'all-new Xbox hardware' at Gamescom 2018
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit