MPEG-4 Video Encoding: Xmpeg 4.5 and DivX 5.01 Pro
RAM performance is an important factor in MPEG-4 encoding. We used Xmpeg 4.5 encoder with the DivX 5.02 Pro Codec in order to gauge the performance of the Intel Pentium 4 2.8 against its older brothers to see how much further a 2.8GHz can take you.
The Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz with 533FSB and 333MHz memory is able to give us a very impressive frame rate for converting movie files to DivX and MPEG-4 formats. We used a 60 minute home video transferred to the PC via Firewire for our tests. The results were very impressive indeed.
One of the most important things that is used today for any kind of file transport is archiving and compression of files. With content getting larger and larger, higher compression formats are needed in order to transmit data at an acceptable level. WinAce is one of the most powerful archivers used in business grade applications.
The 2.8GHz is able to complete its archiving tasks in just over 150 seconds. The 2.53GHz requires 186 seconds. Not a super huge gap but enough for you to start compressing another load while a similarly powered PC using a 2.53GHz is still chewing away at the frist archive file.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 3 [Features]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 4 [The Photo Gallery]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 5 [Test Setup and Sandra]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 6 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Multimedia Productivity]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC and 3D]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 9 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Treasure hunt started for Dibalo III Eternal Collection
- COD: Black Ops 4 patch unlocks FPS cap in ALL modes on PC
- Red Dead Redemption 2 requires 89GB HDD space
- AMD's next-gen Zen 2: 13% IPC improvement, better perf soon
- Fortnite update 6.10: PS4 Pro res jumps from 1080p to 1440p
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam