MPEG-4 Video Encoding: Xmpeg 4.5 and DivX 5.01 Pro
RAM performance is an important factor in MPEG-4 encoding. We used Xmpeg 4.5 encoder with the DivX 5.02 Pro Codec in order to gauge the performance of the Intel Pentium 4 2.8 against its older brothers to see how much further a 2.8GHz can take you.
The Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz with 533FSB and 333MHz memory is able to give us a very impressive frame rate for converting movie files to DivX and MPEG-4 formats. We used a 60 minute home video transferred to the PC via Firewire for our tests. The results were very impressive indeed.
One of the most important things that is used today for any kind of file transport is archiving and compression of files. With content getting larger and larger, higher compression formats are needed in order to transmit data at an acceptable level. WinAce is one of the most powerful archivers used in business grade applications.
The 2.8GHz is able to complete its archiving tasks in just over 150 seconds. The 2.53GHz requires 186 seconds. Not a super huge gap but enough for you to start compressing another load while a similarly powered PC using a 2.53GHz is still chewing away at the frist archive file.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 3 [Features]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 4 [The Photo Gallery]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 5 [Test Setup and Sandra]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 6 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Multimedia Productivity]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC and 3D]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 9 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 showed off on next-gen Xbox One X
- Wolfenstein II can 'utilize the power' of Radeon RX Vega
- Battlegrounds 2 won't happen, as the game is a service
- Galaxy S9 logo leaks, still has a headphone jack
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 388.00 drivers ready for Destiny 2
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard