MPEG-4 Video Encoding: Xmpeg 4.5 and DivX 5.01 Pro
RAM performance is an important factor in MPEG-4 encoding. We used Xmpeg 4.5 encoder with the DivX 5.02 Pro Codec in order to gauge the performance of the Intel Pentium 4 2.8 against its older brothers to see how much further a 2.8GHz can take you.
The Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz with 533FSB and 333MHz memory is able to give us a very impressive frame rate for converting movie files to DivX and MPEG-4 formats. We used a 60 minute home video transferred to the PC via Firewire for our tests. The results were very impressive indeed.
One of the most important things that is used today for any kind of file transport is archiving and compression of files. With content getting larger and larger, higher compression formats are needed in order to transmit data at an acceptable level. WinAce is one of the most powerful archivers used in business grade applications.
The 2.8GHz is able to complete its archiving tasks in just over 150 seconds. The 2.53GHz requires 186 seconds. Not a super huge gap but enough for you to start compressing another load while a similarly powered PC using a 2.53GHz is still chewing away at the frist archive file.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 3 [Features]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 4 [The Photo Gallery]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 5 [Test Setup and Sandra]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 6 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Multimedia Productivity]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC and 3D]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 9 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zombieland 2 confirmed, all actors/writers return for sequel
- AORUS announces its first PSUs, RGB is missing... for now
- Ferrari designer building $2 million electric hypercar
- Opera is the first browser with a built-in crypto wallet
- Samsung announces 8Gb LPDDR5, ready for the world of 5G/AI
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit