Package and Contents
The RT-N16 comes in a box that is fairly clean. ASUS has kept the clutter down to a minimum. You do get a nice image of the product on the front along with some big claims.
Some of the claims are interesting and also give us some pause. It looks like ASUS has moved away from the low power processors for their networking gear. They are also now offering support for the NTFS file system. This is an excellent move as it opens up a lot of room with external HDDs.
The back of the box has a much more informative style. ASUS is showing you all of the things that you can do with the RT-N16. They also go into a brief explanation of the EZQoS system. We will also talk about this a little later in the review.
Inside the box we find all of the things you absolutely need to get going and one that is just nice to have. The VIP Member warranty registration is a nice little item, although it is not much more than a registration for an e-mail listing. With it you do get notifications when there is a new firmware available etc.
One thing we wish we would find in all wireless router boxes is more than one Cat5 cable; but that is probably wishful thinking.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD appoints fresh blood to Radeon team
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top