What to think of the GIGABYTE H55N-USB3? It is small; very tiny to be honest. Still, this is also a very capable board. We were extremely impressed with the performance of the board even given the consumer level CPU in it.
Even with the performance we noted there were some issues. The size of the board is a problem all on its own. Unless you plan on water-cooling (which still may be an issue) or are willing to use the stock round cooler that comes with the lower end Intel CPUs you could find yourself in trouble with both RAM and discrete GPUs.
On the other side, the H55N-USB3 is $104.99 from NewEgg.com and performs like boards that cost much more. It really is a toss-up on what to think about this product. I think overall that I like the H55N-USB3. I like it for the novelty of its size, the anomaly of its impressive performance, and the reasonable cost. I can see this finding its way into one of the new Mini-ITX cases with a full sized PSU, Faster CPU (like a Core i5 750) and a beefy GPU strapped on. Hmmmm, maybe that is something we should think about; but that is for another article. For now, we can and will highly recommend the GIGABYTE H55N-USB3.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Phison's E12 controller featured at CES 2018
- Toshiba's new SSD line-up featured at CES 2018
- AMD hit with class action lawsuit over Spectre and Meltdown
- Cryptocurrency price cash wipes $300 billion from market cap
- Battlefield 1's Operation Campaigns are now FREE
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series