Setting up the Rampage III Gene was as easy as the other ROG boards. That is up until we started looking for the TurboV software. Looking through the drivers and utilities DVD-ROM, we could not find where it was; at first.
Of course, as we told you, we did finally find it in the AI Suite II, but there was no indication that it was there. After we sorted this out we got down to playing with some of the other items in the utilities list.
We tried out the GameFirst utility and found that it was a passable piece of software that while not the most efficient, was also not the worst I have seen. We did notice that while it was able to balance data coming into and out of the PC, it was not able to deal with our firewall's QoS and actually caused a few drop outs during gaming.
The VIA audio CODEC combined with the THX software was outstanding, Even with the software installed we saw no decrease in performance in gaming or other applications.
I would caution you that this was with a six core, twelve thread CPU, so it is possible that on a lower end CPU you could have some performance lag, but it would be minimal.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Denuvo DRM is coming to mobile phone games
- Capcom preps you for Iceborne with this helpful infographic
- Ubisoft to invest in new IPs and ramp up game dev teams
- Switch Lite vs normal Switch in side-by-side comparison
- Farming Simulator 20 begins harvesting the Nintendo Switch in Q4 2019
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- FSP Unveils FlexGURU 250W and 300W Modular Power Supplies New PSUs are perfect for IPC, NAS, HTPC and edge computing
- Gameforge Opens Pre-Orders and Announces November Release for the Highly Anticipated Kingdom Under Fire 2
- Philips Brings Precision Computer Peripherals to US
- KORN Battle Concert is Now Live in AdventureQuest 3D!
- NEC: Industrial Internet Consortium Approves Testbed of Negotiation Automation Platform for coordinating interests among AI systems