Setting up the Rampage III Gene was as easy as the other ROG boards. That is up until we started looking for the TurboV software. Looking through the drivers and utilities DVD-ROM, we could not find where it was; at first.
Of course, as we told you, we did finally find it in the AI Suite II, but there was no indication that it was there. After we sorted this out we got down to playing with some of the other items in the utilities list.
We tried out the GameFirst utility and found that it was a passable piece of software that while not the most efficient, was also not the worst I have seen. We did notice that while it was able to balance data coming into and out of the PC, it was not able to deal with our firewall's QoS and actually caused a few drop outs during gaming.
The VIA audio CODEC combined with the THX software was outstanding, Even with the software installed we saw no decrease in performance in gaming or other applications.
I would caution you that this was with a six core, twelve thread CPU, so it is possible that on a lower end CPU you could have some performance lag, but it would be minimal.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take-Two: Microtransactions help buffer risk of new IP
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- Ex-Naughty Dog developer claims he was sexually harassed
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz