Setting up the Rampage III Gene was as easy as the other ROG boards. That is up until we started looking for the TurboV software. Looking through the drivers and utilities DVD-ROM, we could not find where it was; at first.
Of course, as we told you, we did finally find it in the AI Suite II, but there was no indication that it was there. After we sorted this out we got down to playing with some of the other items in the utilities list.
We tried out the GameFirst utility and found that it was a passable piece of software that while not the most efficient, was also not the worst I have seen. We did notice that while it was able to balance data coming into and out of the PC, it was not able to deal with our firewall's QoS and actually caused a few drop outs during gaming.
The VIA audio CODEC combined with the THX software was outstanding, Even with the software installed we saw no decrease in performance in gaming or other applications.
I would caution you that this was with a six core, twelve thread CPU, so it is possible that on a lower end CPU you could have some performance lag, but it would be minimal.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gearbox CEO addresses current Borderlands 3 rights rumors
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia, a Mierce comeback
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze trailer, meet the Kongs
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit