We told you at the outset that the Rampage III Gene would have some big shoes to fill. After all, we think that its big brother is one of the best boards out right now. Unfortunately it did not deliver as well as we would have liked. There were some HDD performance issues that we ran into that hurt many of our less gaming oriented tests.
Of course, the RIIIG is meant as a gaming and overclocking board. That much is evident from the features presented (and from the performance we saw). It is not a board you would pick up if you are looking for a rendering workstation, but it is a board for gaming. With items like GameFirst and the X-Fi enhanced VIA audio, it makes for an excellent gaming platform, especially for LAN parties and online gaming. It is small enough that you could build it into a SFF case (a nice portable one) and carry it with you when you go a-fraggin.
The cost is also right at $239.99 from NewEgg.com which includes a lot of performance and features. To wrap up, the Rampage III Gene is a great product. ASUS has done an excellent job of maintaining a high level of performance in a very small space. They have also maintained the same level of component quality found on other ROG boards. From the Intel LAN to the Marvell SATA 3.0 controller with RAID (provided by the Drive Expert).
While the Gene is not going to perform as well as its big brother (the Rampage III Extreme), the differences are relatively small when you look at them, while the price difference is a whopping $150.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our out-of-this-world 'Valerian' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ