Working with the ASRock 890GM Pro3, I was a little disappointed. I had thought that I would see more performance out of this board given the performance we have seen from other ASRock boards. The performance was not bad; it was actually about average for an 890GX based board. It is just that we have gotten used to seeing much more.
We have a feeling that the more creative layout may be the cause of some of the performance issues. ASRock would have had to make a much longer and complex tracing system to accomplish the layout we see here. This impacted the HDD and memory performance which in turn impacted the performance of other tests.
Of course you are still getting a decent board and only spending $117. You could pick this board up and with its higher wattage CPU support you could drop in a higher speed CPU, then a good add-in GPU. We just would not recommend it as a standalone system, unless you are just looking for basic 2D performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ninja Theory may be making live service game
- Diablo 4 probably won't be revealed at BlizzCon 2018
- Pornhub traffic hardens when YouTube went limp during crash
- Darksiders III will be around 15+ of gameplay, HDR supported
- Rocket League to go 4K/60FPS on Xbox One X, likely crossplay
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam