Working with the ASRock 890GM Pro3, I was a little disappointed. I had thought that I would see more performance out of this board given the performance we have seen from other ASRock boards. The performance was not bad; it was actually about average for an 890GX based board. It is just that we have gotten used to seeing much more.
We have a feeling that the more creative layout may be the cause of some of the performance issues. ASRock would have had to make a much longer and complex tracing system to accomplish the layout we see here. This impacted the HDD and memory performance which in turn impacted the performance of other tests.
Of course you are still getting a decent board and only spending $117. You could pick this board up and with its higher wattage CPU support you could drop in a higher speed CPU, then a good add-in GPU. We just would not recommend it as a standalone system, unless you are just looking for basic 2D performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Rust will leave Steam Early Access on February 8
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series