Working with the ASRock 880G Extreme3 was not bad. There were a few issues, though. The memory performance problem (not being able to run at 1600MHz) was an issue. If I had to make an educated guess I would have to say that the IGP cannot handle the memory at that speed (either with Sideport or on its own). This could be a tracing issue that is causing graphical data to become corrupted when it is taken from the RAM for video, or it could be an incorrect skew in the BIOS. It is something that should be resolved, though.
The IGP/RAM issue was so bad that during our overclocking session we ended up with double digit scores for 3DMark and Far Cry 2 would not load! We hope that ASRock is able to correct this in short order with a BIOS update as even at the entry level it could be a huge problem. If you are not concerned with using the IGP then the board is stable and quick.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Steam's library UI is getting a makeover
- Google Stadia's save sharing feature is revolutionary
- Games titan Tencent earns $45 billion in 2018
- Capcom release Devil May Cry 5 soundtrack on Spotify/Steam
- Sixth Goku iteration added to Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- Getting SSD to boot
- LoanCare, a ServiceLink Company, Announces New Chief Information Officer
- Giada Adds AMD Ryzen-Powered DM6 To High-Performance Signage Player Series
- Slay Time - Hack and Slash MMORPG Guardians of Ember Enters Open Beta
- Nokia Commits US$750K to Support the Work of the Internet Engineering Task Force
- The global installed base of airport asset tracking systems will reach 0.4 million units in 2023